Terms and Conditions for Membership of the HIGH PROFILE CLUB
HIGH PROFILE CLUB is a membership club for entrepreneurs, business people and professionals who wish to be featured in the media to raise awareness about their personal and business brand. In order to make sure you get the best out of the HIGH PROFILE CLUB and to understand our responsibilities to you and your responsibilities to us, please read carefully the terms and conditions outlined in this contract.
Privileges of Joining the HIGH PROFILE CLUB:
- A personal ‘media page’ on the High Profile Club website to feature your expertise. This media page is shared with journalists, editors and producers when they request expert comments or contribution to their articles in magazines and newspapers, tv or radio programmes;
- Be invited to give interviews on radio and tv when requested by journalists and producers*;
- Opportunity to speak on stage at our events (some will be free, some will be sponsored);
- Invitation and VIP seating at our monthly and yearly events (some free some discounted);
- Members will be invited to network with other members as well as special guests during our breakfast and evening events*;
- Opportunity to network with our influential and successful speakers*;
- Discounted prices for our breakfast meetings and media and PR training events*;
- Be informed of awards competitions;
Membership costs and benefits
|Payment per month
|Length of Membership
||3 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
|Number of spotlights if membership is paid upfront
|Number of spotlights if membership is paid monthly
|Number of minutes to pitch at our events
|Number of times you can attend our events
|Number of invitations to be a keynote speaker at our events
|Number of photos included in the photoshoot
| Copywriting (write your bio to send to journalists)
|PR report with media opportunities
*Prices excluding VAT
Spotlights are opportunities for you to raise your profile. Spotlights include:
– your comments used in magazines and newspaper articles with links to your website or contact details (we don’t guarantee a backlink in every article because it depends on the publication and the journalist. We will ask to add a backlink, but we don’t guarantee);
– an article is written by you and published by the journalist;
– an interview on radio, tv or podcast;
– your contribution to a book;
– you are invited to be a guest speaker in a seminar, workshop, conference, summit;
– you are interviewed or featured in a blog or vlog;
– if you receive an email with about awards nominations and you win the award, this also counts as a spotlight;
– if we send opportunities for accelerator programmes and you apply for them and you are accepted. This will count as spotlight because the opportunity is created by HPC.
These spotlights, if secured, will use 3 spotlights from your total spotlights:
- TV interview (whatever length of interview);
- TEDx Talk (whatever length of your talk);
- keynote speaker in a conference with a crowd over 200 people;
Breakdown cost of your membership:
- 25% is the admin cost and use of the platform. This amount is non-refundable and non-transferable at any time.
- 25% is related to your features.
- 25% is related to the events we organise and deliver. Even if you decide not to attend our events this cost is payable as it’s part of your benefits.
- 25% is the opportunity for you to pitch at our events. Even if you decide not to attend our events this cost is payable as it’s part of your benefits.
- Whatever length of the period the contract is, a pro-rata period is calculated using the above. IE.: if your contract has 6 months left, a refund is only calculated in relation to the 6 months remaining and not in the entire contract of 12 months.
For silver contracts, which includes photos and bio, an admin fee of £400+vat is automatically deducted which cover the services provided.
For Gold contracts, which includes 10 features in a proactive campaign there’s an admin fee or £500+vat to be deducted from any refund agreed plus a deduction of £200+vat each feature secured in the media then refund is calculated as per above.
In the rare case of a refund, early termination or a mutual termination of the contract the above must be taken into consideration.
If you agree to provide content to a journalist, or a spotlight has been secured and you don’t turn up (to the radio, podcast, phone interview) you will lose that spotlight, this means, we will deduct 1 spotlight from you total guaranteed a year.
If the spotlight is a TEDx Talk, TV interview or keynote speech in front of 200 people or more and you don’t turn up (for whatever reason) 3 spotlights are deducted from your total spotlights.
If you miss the deadline three times, we will terminate your contract and no refunds will be made.
If you are not featured:
There are several factors before we consider your refund or extension of your membership. We will not extend or provide further features if:
- you don’t reply to ANY of our emails with media opportunities;
- if we have given you feedback in your bio and you have not changed your bio;
- If our emails go to your spam box (it’s your responsibility to check your spam box for emails from @highprofileclub.com);
- If you ignore our emails, which means you receive them, read them but don’t engage;
- If you provide poorly written content and it’s declined by the journalist;
- If you lie about your skills or expertise and the journalist checks your profile and decides not to use your comments because of the veracity of your profile;
- If you use the same comments over and over again and the journalists decline to use your comments;
Conditions to guaranteed features
- For bronze and silver members, we do REACTIVE PR. This means when a journalist sends us a request matching your profile, we will put you forward to the journalist. We do not write your press release and chase journalists to publish about you.
- For gold members, we do PROACTIVE PR. We will write your press release and send to our database of journalists. We will chase journalists on your behalf to guarantee your features.
- We will create opportunities for you to be in the spotlight during the year BUT if you decline the majority of opportunities sent to you within 12 months we will not refund your membership fees.
- If you accept to be put forward for an interview or speaking gig and subsequently you miss the deadline or don’t turn up to the speaking slot, this will count as one of your spotlights during the year.
- If High Profile Club finds you paid opportunities to speak or to be featured, we will charge a 20% commission on the amount paid. We will complete the negotiations on your behalf and only release the contact details of the journalist once you have agreed with the fee and the commission to be paid.
- Raising money: we will charge 2% + VAT of the total money raised from the introduction from HPC or any other representative from HPC to you that leads to investment. This applies to any introduction made from 18th March 2018 up to date.
- HIGH PROFILE CLUB shall be entitled to recover an introduction fee (“Introduction Fee”) in the event that it, its representatives or its members (“Introducer”) facilitate a successful introduction (” Successful Introduction”).to an individual, company or other entity that invests in or helps to raise finance for a member’s business (“Beneficiary”). Such introductions have to be initiated by HIgh Profile Club representatives. The Introduction Fee shall amount to 2% + VAT of the total money invested in/raised for the Beneficiary as a result of a Successful Introduction. The Introduction Fee shall be payable to HIGH PROFILE CLUB by the Beneficiary without exception in the event of a Successful Introduction. Both the Introducer and the Beneficiary shall notify HIGH PROFILE CLUB of any Successful Introduction. Any Introducer or Beneficiary that fails to notify HIGH PROFILE CLUB of a Successful Introduction shall be liable to have their memberships terminated with immediate effect. If an Introduction Fee is not paid to HIGH PROFILE CLUB following a Successful Introduction then HIGH PROFILE CLUB shall have the right to recover the Introduction Fee from the Beneficiary together with all the costs incurred in recovering the Introduction Fee.
- Members agree with all membership requirements in the present contract and will notify the company (High Profile Club Limited) if any requirements are not met during the time of the agreement term.
1.1 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the provision of the services detailed overleaf (“Services”) by High Profile Club, a company registered in England and Wales under number 10911059 whose registered office is at 141 Moorgate, London, EC2M 6TX (“Supplier”) to you (“Client”) and to the payment of this invoice. No other terms and conditions shall apply to the provision of Services or to this invoice unless agreed upon in writing between the Supplier and the Client.
1.2 The essence of these Terms and Conditions remains the same as those included with the Supplier’s quotation. The tense has been altered to reflect the inclusion of these Terms and Conditions in an invoice.
2.1 A “business day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday.
2.2 The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
2.3 Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa.
3.1 The fees (“Fees”) for the Services are set out in the quotation and confirmed in this Contract:
3.1.1 See www.highprofileclub.com and click on JOIN THE CLUB for the current membership price.
3.1.2 Your membership is valid for 3 or 12 months minus one day from the day you pay the invoice.
3.1.3 Membership will automatically renew every 3-12 months. The client will receive two emails, 30 days and 15 days prior to the end of their contract stating options for renewal, upgrading or cancellation.
3.2 In addition to the Fees, the Supplier is entitled to recover from the Client reasonable incidental expenses for materials used and for third party goods and / or services supplied in connection with the Services. Any such expenses are included in this invoice.
3.3 The Client has agreed to pay the Supplier for any additional services provided by the Supplier that are not specified in the quotation in accordance with the Supplier’s current services, applicable when a proposal is provided in effect at the time of performance or such other rate as may be agreed between the Supplier and the Client. Any such additional services so rendered are detailed and charged for in this invoice.
3.4 Prices on the website are EXCLUDING VAT and are described on our home page www.highprofileclub.com. VAT is paid by the member separately by the membership fee.
3.5 By paying the membership Fee, the Client accepts these Terms and Conditions and abides by the rules of the Club.
3.6 Payment must be paid via our online payment system on our home page www.highprofileclub.com.
3.7 The Client accepts that an increase in membership fees may be present at the end of each contractual year.
3.8 If the Client does not pay its membership within 15 (fifteen) days of its due date the details of the Client will be sent to Debt Collectors.
3.9 If your payment remains unpaid for over 30 days, we will send your details to Experian as a Default Payment and the default payment will appear on credit searches. Default payments might damage your personal credit rating and it might be difficult for you to raise credit in the future. We strongly advise you to
3.9 If your membership is sent to Debt Collectors for collection, 25% will be added on top of the total amount left of the Client’s membership and the Client will no longer be able to pay in instalments. For example: If you have paid two months as a silver member but stop paying, the outstanding amount will be £1200. After 15 days of non-payment, your information will be sent to Debt Collectors, and there will be a charge of 30% + VAT, which means you will have an additional £360 to pay, meaning your total debt is £1560. This must be paid in one amount, there is no option to pay this in instalments.
- Quotation and Contract
4.1 The quotation constitutes written acceptance and confirmation by the Supplier of the Client’s order for the Services (as agreed between the Supplier and the Client).
4.2 The quotation is a contractual offer to provide the Services which the Client has accepted. The Supplier and the Client have entered into a contract for the provision of the Services.
4.3 Client Details to be provided at the time of the purchase of the membership.
- Data protection
5.1 Client details will be used in accordance with regulations specified under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
5.4 All data is held and processed by Infusion Soft Inc based in Atlanta, 6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Building 400, Suite 360, Atlanta Georgia, 30328, United States.
6.1 The Client shall pay the Fees immediately or otherwise in accordance with any credit terms agreed between the Supplier and the Client. If payment is made upfront the number of features is higher than the number of features when membership is paid in instalments. The number of features is agreed between the Client and the sales representative
6.2 Time for payment is of the essence in the contract between the Supplier and the Client.
6.3 If the Client fails to make payment within the period in sub-Clause 6.1, the Supplier shall have the right to suspend the provision of the Services (where the provision of the Services is ongoing) until payment is received in full – membership to the Club is suspended if the monthly payment is not made.
6 .4 Receipts for payment will be issued by the Supplier only at the Client’s request.
6 .5 All payments must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Supplier and the Client.
6.6 Even though you are paying in instalments this is a yearly membership, therefore, you must pay all 12 instalments. This contract is legally binding under the English law and we shall use the small claims court to recover any missed payments.
- Cancelling your membership
7.1 The membership is of 12 months. The Client will not be able to suspend or terminate their membership before the 12 months period has come to completion.
7.2 In the case of instalment payment, the Client will be bound by the 12 months membership from the payment of their first instalment.
7.3 The Supplier retains the right to update or change contractual terms by giving 30 days notice. If you do not agree with the contractual changes, you have 14 days to cancel your contract. Please contact email@example.com
- Liability and Indemnity
8.1 The Supplier will not by reason of any representation, implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under these Terms and Conditions, be liable for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the Supplier’s employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with its provision of the Services or the performance of any of its other obligations under these Terms and Conditions or this quotation or with the use by the Client of the Services supplied. The Supplier is also NOT liable for any publication, feature or exposure by a journalist/producer/editor that publishes something about the business that damages the reputation of the business. The Supplier is an introducer and does not interfere or influence what is published or written about the client in any type of media.
8.2 The Supplier shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Supplier’s obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond the Supplier’s reasonable control.
8 .3 The Client shall indemnify the Supplier against all damages, costs, claims and expenses suffered by the Supplier arising from any loss or damage to any equipment (including that belonging to third parties) caused by the Client or its agents or employees.
8.4 The Supplier will not by reason of any representation, implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under these Terms and Conditions, accept liability for damage or stolen property belonging to any member happening on the premises or within the grounds of events organised by the Supplier other than the liability which arises from the Supplier’s own negligence or failure to take reasonable care.
8.5 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the Supplier’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matters for which it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
8.6 Nothing in these terms and conditions is meant to limit any rights you might have as a consumer.
- Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to power failure, Internet Service Provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
10 .1 All notices under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duly authorised officer of that party).
10 .2 Notices shall be deemed to have been duly given:
- when delivered, if delivered by courier or other messengers (including registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
- when sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- on the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
- on the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
10 .3 All notices under these Terms and Conditions shall be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax number notified to the other party.
- No Waiver
11.1 No waiver by the Supplier of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Client shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
11.2 No failure or delay on the part of either the Supplier or the Client to exercise any right, power or privilege under these Terms and Conditions shall operate as a waiver of, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or privilege preclude, any other or further exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
In the event that one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which shall remain valid and enforceable).
- Complaints Procedure
13.1 Any arising complaints by the client will be dealt with by the Supplier via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Law and Jurisdiction
14.1 These Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
14.2 Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between the Supplier and the Client relating to these Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
15. Rewards for Introductions
15.1 For members of the club, when you refer a friend and they purchase a membership, you get the following rewards added to your membership:
– 1 extra feature for a new Crystal Member
– 2 extra features for a Bronze Member
– 3 extra features for a Silver Member
– 4 extra features for a new Gold Member
There are two ways to refer to a friend. If your friend buys on our website then they must put your name as a referral when paying. If they need to speak with our sales team first, please make a warm introduction via email to email@example.com
15.2 – For non-member of the club, we don’t have a remunerations scheme for non-members.
15.3 – For Directors of High Profile Club are on a disclosed basis once the director has been selected. For you to become a local Director of HPC in your city, you must be a Bronze, Silver or Gold member. A Memorandum of Understanding is signed between a Director of a local club and High Profile Club head office. We only share the MoU with potential directors. If you are interested in becoming a local director, please contact Tanya via email firstname.lastname@example.org.